Heather SalesContract AttorneyArlington, VA
-Work ExperienceContract Attorney
LEGAL PLACEMENTS, INC-November 2013 to February 2014
Supervisor: Michael Balzotti (202) 682-1661 Washington, DC
* Reviewing a large document production related to a civil investigative demand from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau utilizing Relativity E-discovery software.
* Analyzing and evaluating complex financial and tribal information through coding for responsiveness, privilege, and categorical type.
LEGAL, Contract Attorney
HURON CONSULTING GROUP, INC - Washington, DC-May 2013 to September 2013
*In depth, substantive review and analysis of financial data related to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation utilizing Ringtail and Relativity E-discovery software.
* Created search terms, 1st and 2nd level document review, drafted memorandums summarizing documents, and constructed questions for depositions.
* Coordinated group efforts to locate and synthesize materials for expert's use under strict project deadlines.
Honors Judicial Intern
MIDDLESEX PROBATE AND FAMILY COURT - Boston, MA-August 2010 to December 2010
*Conducted legal research and analysis on jurisdictional issues, the extent of a defendant's right to counsel, and a judge's power to overrule prior illegal court orders, and prepared legal memoranda regarding same.
* Drafted two (2) Memorandum of Decision and Orders which formalized dispositive action.
* Demonstrated compliance with rules of professional conduct and confidentiality.
ROSENCRANZ & ASSOCIATES - Boston, MA-June 2010 to July 2010
Drafted correspondence to clients, initial complaints for commencing litigation, and responded to interrogatories for plaintiff - side personal injury cases.
* Performed fact based research for purposes of serving subpoenas; and responded to HIPAA request forms.
MASSACHUSETTS CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION-May 2009 to August 2009
Supervisor, Angela Scheepers, Esq. (617) 727-2293 Boston, MA
* Wrote three (3) decisions on cases heard by the quasi-judicial agency after reviewing the case facts, conducting legal research, applying applicable law, and cite-checking. These decisions were later voted upon and published.
* Wrote numerous summaries of prior published cases for the state's government website.
* Reviewed and applied knowledge of civil service regulations germane to public employees.
* Assembled administrative records for cases being appealed to Superior Court.
LAW OFFICES OF MATTHEW S. SCHULTZ, P.C - Tempe, AZ-July 2006 to July 2007
Sole paralegal that performed general and legal office work including drafting statutorily compliant legal documents to file with the U.S. District Courts, correspondence, implementing office procedures for expediting work flow, and screening calls and visitors.
* Acted as first point of contact and liaison with clients, judicial assistants, opposing counsels, law enforcement, Department of Economic Security, and various other state and local agencies.
* Performed legal research (computer and book-based) on substantive and procedural issues.
* Established and maintained a high volume of litigation files and client databases.
LAW OFFICES OF STUART GOLDSTEIN - Phoenix, AZ-August 2005 to July 2006
*Lead paralegal who assisted in all aspects of litigation for firm specializing in medical malpractice, personal injury, nursing home negligence, product liability, and construction accident law including gathering and categorizing evidentiary material.
* Technically reviewed and drafted correspondence, demand letters to insurance agencies, complaints, and discovery documents.
* Responsible for scheduling meetings/depositions with multiple parties, overseeing the calendar for the firm, procuring supplies, and providing various other executive level administrative and clerical operations.
* Trained and tracked new personnel to ensure timely completion of all work projects.
Additional InformationSKILLS: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), WordPerfect; Westlaw and LexisNexis; Ringtail and Relativity E-discovery; Hummingbird Software, Cassandra and Amicus Attorney legal software. Typing 60+ wpm