Sharon AntarLegal Secretary/ParalegalRevere, MA
-Work ExperienceLegal Secretary/Paralegal
W. R. Grace & Co-1997 to 2013
Provide support and assistance to staff attorneys in litigation and corporate fields. Organize documents and produce quarterly report outlining all active litigation, most significant cases, costs to date and potential claims. Draft legal documents for attorney review as well as all memoranda and letters regarding litigation. Track outside attorney costs. Maintain calendar and appointment schedule, assist in preparation of Legal Department budget and office equipment. Researched and gathered legal information and documentation from files, records and policies. Perform office procedures in the everyday running of a legal office. Research factual and legal issues.
W. R. Grace & Co-1994 to 1996
As Executive Secretary manage the work load for two Senior Environmental attorneys in the Legal Department, maintain files, schedule ordering of all supplies for department, made all travel arrangements, drafting of memos, letters, releases, settlement and confidentiality agreements for attorney review, assist in paralegal work and track legal department fees. Maintained a calendaring tickler system. Performed extensive client contact. Organized and maintained files.
EducationAssociates in Paralegal Studies
Ashworth University - Atlanta, GACertificate in law
The Professional Paralegal School - Norcross, GACertificate in Office and Computer Skills
Lenore's Business SchoolAdditional Information• Over 18 years of legal exposure. Proven ability to work independently in all aspects of Litigation, including Corporate Law.
• High sense of diligence and ability to effectively multi-task several complex assignments with tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in developing excellent relationships with coworkers and clients.
• Great ability to work independently and with a team "to get the job done".
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Mature judgment and flexibility.
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize work.
• Remarkable skill at organizing work and resolving problems that arise in day to day activities.
• Uncommon competency with most office equipment including; personal computers, fax, copiers & printers.
• Commitment to growth.
• Strong computer skills and online applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Westlaw, Lexis-Nexus and Practical Law.
• Exceedingly skilled in drafting, editing and proofreading cover letters, administrative memos and relevant documents.
Member of the Massachusetts Paralegal Association (MPA)
Notary - The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Communicative and vigilant
• Great eye for detail
• Helpful, punctual, fearless and persistent
• Self-motivated and analytical